where's the line that says "don't cross this"? ss_blog_claim=1aa95fdb351af737718df98bcdffff9f ss_blog_claim=1aa95fdb351af737718df98bcdffff9f

10.1.08

Curtains

I've been listening to a lot of John Frusciante's album Curtains.
The album is totally incredible!
Someone wrote this nice review of the album;
Curtains is thankfully the last record in the six record series that John Frusciante recorded in 2004. It was recorded on an Ampex 8-track tape machine from 1970 and was recorded at his house. He sat on his living room floor and played and sang his songs and then did overdubs. The overdubs were assisted by Carla Azar of Autolux on drums, Ken Wylde on upright bass and Omar Rodriguez of The Mars Volta, who played lead guitar on two songs.

It is a very warm album. It is also very sad, with additional doses of happiness, strength and humor for good measure. I do not exist, but if I did I would put this record on my living room turntable at night and dim the lights, keeping a blanket nearby and nestle into the cozy air molecules this music creates.

- Anonymous


Here's John in his living room.
This is how I imagine him when I hear the record.




Libellés :

2 commentaires:

Anonymous Anonyme a dit...

That's rad. The Mars Volta are pretty great too.

10 janvier, 2008 16:27  
Anonymous Anonyme a dit...

Thats a sweet guitar... I believe on of The Brothers Ferro plays one similar.

25 janvier, 2008 14:58  

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil